With over 300 days of sunshine a year and a summer stretching from May to October, Cyprus might be just the perfect place for abroad studies. Besides its beautiful looks, Cyprus is also becoming a center of education in the region with the help of investments from large international organizations.
The official languages of Cyprus are Turkish and Greek, but English is also widely spoken as the country is a former British colony. In fact, English is the language of instruction in many of the higher education institutes in Cyprus, especially in the private sector.
Why Study in Cyprus?
Studying in Cyprus you will receive a high quality international education at an affordable cost. You will make friends from all over the world at whichever of the Cyprian universities you choose to attend. As Cyprus is located at the crossroad of Africa, Asia and Europe it has experienced many different cultures through time. Be prepared for a diverse explosion of culture as you enter this beautiful Mediterranean island.
Higher Education in Cyprus
Higher education in Cyprus is provided in both public and private institutions and the system is under constant development. The Department of Higher Tertiary Education (DAAE) in Cyprus has taken big measures to increase funding, research and interest for higher education; three state universities have been opened. The DAAE also established a Council of Educational Evaluation-Accreditation which aims to keep a constant level of education in Cyprus and make sure that infrastructure and equipment live up to these standards. Since Cyprus became a member of the EU in 2004 the role of higher education in the country has grown even bigger and the Open University of Cyprus has opened its doors.
As English is the language of instruction in many programs of higher education in Cyprus many abroad students find their education here.
Study Abroad in Cyprus
If you live inside the European Union, the travelling will be made a bit easier but if you are from a country outside of the EU you will also need entry clearance issued by a Cyprus Diplomatic Mission in your home country to enter and study in Cyprus.
Before leaving their home country, all foreign student must make sure to bring:
– Original Bank Certificate for the payment of the academic fees and receipt from the college against the fees paid.
– Original Academic Certificates
– Original Passport. Passport should be valid for at least one year from the day of entry into Cyprus
– Visa or entry clearance
– Money in cash for the accommodation and living expenses
Upon arrival in Cyprus the immigration officer will also ask for your fingerprints in addition to these documents. It is recommended that you double check these procedures with the Embassy of Cyprus in your country before leaving to enter Cyprus.
Reasons for studying in Cyprus
- Quality education.
- Internationally Recognized Bachelor and Master Degrees programs.
- English mainly as the language of instruction.
- High standards of living in affordable cost.
- Location at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Safe and friendly environment with crime ratio less than 1%.
- Pleasant Mediterranean climate with temperatures ranging in winter between 8-17c and in summer 32-38c.
- Credit transfers to other EU countries, US and Canada.
- Scholarships that covers up to 40% of tuition to all international students.
- International student body from more than 60 countries.
- Multicultural learning environment.
- Opportunities for Students to combine education, work and pleasure.
- Preparation of students to work in today’s global marketplace
- Students can develop independence, maturity, an understanding of others cultures.
- Studying in Cyprus is an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
For further details:
Please Visit Our Office in DHA and meet our Experts in your First preference. We are Your Best Immigration, Study and Visit Visa Consultants with Matchless Quality Services for Ultimate Visa Success. Also visit us for IELTS and Spoken English Programs.