Who qualifies for Canada Citizenship?
As a general rule, individuals with three years of permanent resident status during the preceding four years can qualify for Canadian citizenship. Other conditions for the individual to qualify are that they:
- Be 18 years old or older;
- Have adequate knowledge of Citizenship Language Requirement, if under the age of 55;
- Have adequate Knowledge of Canada and the meaning of citizenship, if under the age of 55;
- Not be under a removal order;
- Not have a criminal prohibition;
Applications are submitted to the citizenship office in Sydney, Nova Scotia where they are pre-screened to ensure that application package is complete and the three year residence rule has been met. Applicants are thereafter invited to complete a citizenship test to determine their knowledge of the Canadian political system.
For further information click here